Love brewing beer and want to make it your career?
Our brewing qualifications have been designed to meet industry needs as well as offering a learning experience that fits with your lifestyle. With a new purpose-built brewing facility at our campus in Cromwell, Central Otago, these programmes are truly unique.
- Offered from Central Otago
- Designed for those with a passion for brewing who want to get into the industry, or who simply want to build on their knowledge and skills
Level 5 (from 2020) and Level 6
- Offered online with hands-on sessions in the brewery via Capable NZ (our Assessment of Prior Learning Centre)
- Will suit those in industry
To apply for our Level 6 Capable NZ programme, you will need to:
- fill in our enquiry form and pre-assessment survey
- fill in our online application form (once we send you the link).
- Central Otago or based in industry
- 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time
- Level 4
- Starts February 2019
- Apply now
Whether you are new to the industry or a long-time home brewer, graduates of this hands-on programme will have the skills and knowledge required to work as a brewer in a commercial brewing operation under broad supervision. Work experience is a core part of this programme and will not only add to your practical learning but will help you make important connections in industry.
- Online and optional block courses
- Six months full-time
- Level 6
- Starts first of every month (from February 2019)
- Apply anytime
Are you a brewer with significant skills and experience? If so, you could be assessed for this qualification through our Independent Learning Pathway process delivered via Capable NZ. Achievement of this Level 6 Diploma will demonstrate that you have the skills and specialised knowledge to develop and independently brew to a professional level in a commercial or non-commercial environment.