- If you have already completed the theory component of Unit Standard 167, you will be assessed on a case-by-case basis to determine your competency prior to enrolling in the practical session.
- Food safety regulations dictate that nails will be short and clean, with no nail polish. There is to be no jewellery (earrings, facial piercings, bangles, watches, necklaces/pendants) worn during the practical component in the kitchen. Health and safety regulations require that closed-in shoes with no heels must be worn in the kitchen. Failure to adhere to the dress code can result in no admission to the kitchen assessment, therefore a “not passed” result.
Please bring a highlighter pen, ballpoint pen and some paper.
Please meet at the Central Otago campus, Erris Street, Cromwell. Please click here to see a map of the Cromwell area and campus.
If your employer is paying the course fee, you will require a letter signed by an appropriate company representative on their letterhead. Please return this with your enrolment form. Your employer will then be sent an invoice for the course fee. If this is not supplied, you personally will be invoiced for the course fee. Results are not released until payment is received.
- As numbers are limited, admittance to class is by prior enrolment only.
- You will be advised whether you need to bring your birth certificate or passport for validation purposes.
- You will be sent confirmation of your enrolment via email.
- An invoice will be generated on the day of the course.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.