Love brewing beer and want to make it your career?
Our brewing qualifications have been designed to meet industry needs as well as offering a learning experience that fits with your lifestyle. With a new purpose-built brewing facility at our campus in Cromwell, Central Otago, these programmes are truly unique.
- Offered from Central Otago
- Designed for those with a passion for brewing who want to get into the industry, or who simply want to build on their knowledge and skills
Level 5 (from 2020) and Level 6
- Offered online with hands-on sessions in the brewery via Capable NZ (our Assessment of Prior Learning Centre)
- Will suit those in industry
To apply for our Level 6 Capable NZ programme, you will need to:
- fill in our enquiry form and pre-assessment survey
- fill in our online application form (once we send you the link).
- Central Otago or based in industry
- 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time
- Level 4
- Starts 17 February 2020
- Apply now
Whether you are new to the industry or a long-time home brewer, graduates of this hands-on programme will have the skills and knowledge required to work as a brewer in a commercial brewing operation under broad supervision. Work experience is a core part of this programme and will not only add to your practical learning but will help you make important connections in industry.
- 12 weeks
- Level 5
- Starts the first of each month
- Apply Anytime
Want to advance your beer or cider brewing skills? Build on your experience in the brewing industry with this online programme. You'll hone your skills and graduate with the ability to manage brewing processes and production quality, and provide technical support to a brewing operation.
- Online and optional block courses
- Six months full-time
- Level 6
- Starts first of every month (from February 2019)
- Apply anytime
Are you a brewer with significant skills and experience? If so, you could be assessed for this qualification through our Independent Learning Pathway process delivered via Capable NZ. Achievement of this Level 6 Diploma will demonstrate that you have the skills and specialised knowledge to develop and independently brew to a professional level in a commercial or non-commercial environment.